We are a 3rd generation family looking to acquire and grow businesses for the long term. We believe business is an honorable calling because we can effectuate positive and meaningful change in society by providing good jobs. This is realized by operating businesses focused on satisfying customers and profitability. There must be margin to serve the mission.
We care deeply about people and believe a consistent, values based approach drives long-term success. Disciplined operating basics win over chasing fads and complicated financial engineering. Digging deeper, you notice we bring the most value by helping develop, grow, and support management. Our expectations are appropriately high, but we do not micromanage. We firmly believe management must manage.
We look to acquire majority and minority stakes in businesses where we can make a difference through our experience or services platform at XMI. We also co invest with family offices, fund less sponsors, and other investors if the transaction makes sense. While we prefer our listed sectors, we are willing to look at other opportunities if management is strong and we can add value to the organization.
Primary Business Criteria
- Talented management team in place.
- Enterprise value between $2 million and $25 million.
- Organic growth and potential bolt on acquisitions.
- Geography: Midwest, Plains, Mid South, or Southeast.
- Sectors: service businesses, franchises, real estate, and media.
- Typical situations: Generational transfer, corporate divestiture, growth capital, and owner